5 Ways to Store Tea Every Homemaker Should Know!
Enjoying a cup of tea is the moment that makes you feel fresh. But, what if after a tiring day, you went to make a tea and what you found is that the tea has become stale. Wouldn’t it spoil your good mood? Therefore, it is important to learn how to store tea so that it remains fresh, clean, and flavorful for a long time.
Before knowing about the tea storage, know why it gets stale. The reason is simple. No matter where your store the tea until external conditions threatens them. The most significant factor is moisture that leads to mildew in teas as they absorb water from them. Therefore, it is crucial to avoid storing tea in humid conditions. Even heat also degrades tea, so avoid placing it in the sun.
How to store pu-erh tea
Also, to avoid such stances in future, learn about the various tea storage methods that maintain the tea freshness, aroma and flavor. In addition, you need to look for a right storage place along with these 6 useful containers:
- Pottery Jars: These jars are suitable containers for storing tea at a big amount and for a long time. This is how tea is packed with white papers and Kraft papers. Then in-between the packs, some desiccants like charcoal must be put to prevent tea from a wet condition.
- Tins or Boxes: For storing tea, tins, Bamboo box and wooden boxes are suitable to buy. These cans or boxes are ever painted with a peculiar smell. In order to eliminate the smell, they should be disposed. The tins should be placed in a cool and dry place, avoiding the moisture and direct sunlight to come in contact with a tea. The main aim of these boxes is to avoid moist air infiltration.
- Bags: In many homes, bags are used to store tea as it is the most simple and saving way for family tea storage. It is the beneficial method as it keeps the tea dry and storing tea in a well packaged material is harmless for health with higher density with no peculiar smell. The tea bags protect the tea from moist, light, and bad odors effectively.
- Bottles: Storing tea in a bottle is good. But, tea should not be filled fully in a bottle. It is better to put a wad of cotton on the tea and then tighten the cap. You can also encase the bottle with colored paper to avoid the direct sunlight. The tea remains fresh, whenever you open the tea bag.
- Fridge: Storing tea in a fridge is a good choice as tea should be stored in really a low degree. But, this method is not suitable until it is not sure that the tea container is tightly closed or not. It is necessary to ensure as there are various peculiar smells in the fridge. This method is not suitable for all types of tea because black and oolong tea is stored in normal room temperature.
Next time when you buy an aromatic tea for rejuvenating yourself, don’t forget to these on how to store tea properly. Choose any of these methods and you’ll be amazed at how fresh it stays for a long time.